Friday, June 14, 2013

Day 24 - Stuttgart to Little Rock

Not too much to report today. It was a very short day: only 52 miles. We had a tailwind all day. Austin, Dan, Curtis, and I flew easily maintaining speeds between 18 and 24 mph. We finally have gotten the art of pace lining down. We held a tight line and switched smoothly between leaders every 2 miles. It was amazing to see the miles add up so quickly!

We were at lunch in no time. It was provided by some awesome Bike and Build enthusiasts in a town called England. We had been talking with British accents for the last week and a half so it was very fitting for us to stop in England. 

Drinking our "tea" by the sign

After lunch, the wind pushed us all the way into Little Rock. My legs felt so strong today. I can feel them (and see them) getting stronger everyday. Soon, my lower body will be like the Incredible Hulk.

Little Rock

Tomorrow we have a day off so we are going to explore the city. Our host site is right next to the Arkansas River. At dinner, we had an intervention because the foreign accents are getting out of control. Many of us have forgotten how to speak normally. So tonight we have put our foot down with the accents; however, it's proving to be more difficult than it sounds. 

The team chatting during dinner 

One day, we're going to have to transition back into the real world and that is going to be an adventure in itself. I have no idea what I'm going to do without all of these amazing people in my life. I don't want to think about it yet! 

Well I'm going to go now but I'm not sure where I'm going to go because my friend Nyx is sleeping on my shoulder right now. She must have been really tired to be able to fall asleep on my bony shoulder. 

Sleepy, sleepy, sleepy. I hope she doesn't drool!

No comments:

Post a Comment