Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Day 1 - Orientation

After a somewhat restless night, I woke up this morning at 7:00 sharp acutely aware that I had just spent the last night sleeping in a bed for pretty much the rest of the summer. Today marked the first day I would spend sleeping on gym floors, church pews, and other hard horizontal surfaces throughout the country this summer. 

Orientation was a blur. I spent the whole day meeting my teammates and learning every single aspect of Bike and Build one could possibly know... even down to the saddle sores. Andddd there were pictures involved. Mmmm. 

Today was great but I am exhausted. We have an equally as packed day tomorrow and we will be having our shake-down ride to make sure everyone can ride their bikes properly. I should have brought my training wheels....

Well my thermarest is blown up and my sleeping bag looks inviting. Goodnight from Charleston! 


No comments:

Post a Comment