Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Year 2013

5... 4... 3... 2... 1... Happy New Year!!!! Year 2012 was a doozie but 2013 is going to be even crazier! I have a lot more money to raise and a lot more miles to ride this year than last year, but I'm looking forward to it all!

These past few days, I've been watching Bike and Build videos on YouTube like it's my job. I get more and more pumped with every one that I watch! I just can't wait until the weather warms up and I can get back on my trusty ol' Trek and start training. Until then, I'll be hitting the gym and the pool to stay in shape. Hopefully, I can shed the couple pounds I've added on this winter and get into summer shape before my trip starts. Those Christmas cookies were deadly. I don't want to lose weight this summer so I'm going to try to maintain the weight I have after training this spring.

My fundraising campaign has officially started! I mailed over 100 letters yesterday to my friends and family. I still have emails to send but I think that's a good start! Who knew that composing, printing, folding, and addressing 100 letters would literally take the whole day? With a solid two hours of licking! Meanwhile, I'm still brainstorming other fundraising ideas. Thanks to everyone who has donated!!! It means so much to me.

With 2013 officially here, Bike and Build is becoming more of a reality. In 5 and a half months, I'll beginning the adventure of a lifetime, possibly the highlight of my existence. If you know me, you know that this trip is like a dream come true for me. Thanks everyone for your support in making this crazy dream of mine a reality. The funds I bring in will go to support another person whose dream come true is to become a homeowner! What a great cause! Stay tuned for other updates as the day draws nearer!

No comments:

Post a Comment